Friday, January 29, 2010

The Accidental Couch Potato

Dear Drivers of Multiple Cars Who Rear-Ended me on Halloween 2007,

Just thought I'd check you in and let you know my back is crap since the disk you slipped has apparently never properly healed and, my sciatic nerve has literally become a pain in my ass. And leg. Excuse me for thinking I could blow dry my hair without injuring myself.

This week, I have spent nearly every waking minute propped up on pillows, strapped up in heat, and hopped up on Vicodin. The Vicodin has barely helped, other than the sporadic distraction by the severe nauseau and dizziness it brings on. I'm also convinced that it causes very strange dreams involving water balloons, the Atlantic Ocean, and Bruce Boudreau.

I have been forced to use almost all of my paid sick time, and may I remind you that its only January...

I have missed out on my new favorite outing...half-priced wine night on Tuesday, plus, my Thursday night plans, a Friday play date with (one of the) cutest babies, and whatever potential social spectaculars I might have attended this weekend.

I'm so glad this all happened the same week that everything on TV is a rerun. Other than a new Project Runway, I had little to zero DVR to catch up on, forcing me to try and entertain myself with Lifetime movies. Unsuccessful. And, because I could not sit up in a chair for longer than 10 minutes until today, I have neither blogged nor researched any community service opportunities in order to assist me in my 4th week of successful resolutioning.

Next week, I return to physical therapy, and hopefully, my life.

Anyway, hope you and your backs are doing well.

Sincerely,
Bored, Broken, and A Little Bit Wishing I Had Sued

4 comments:

  1. Ok...so I normally don't believe in this, but you should sue. You three years isn't up yet. Do it to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look up who Bruce Boudreau was. :)

    ReplyDelete