Friday, January 8, 2010

Close, But No Bubble Gum Cigar

Today officially marks one full week of blogging! As for finishing my two books, this was a bold first resolution. I'm giving myself until Sunday eve, and then a new resolution will begin on Monday. That said, I'll count the next two days as week one and will hold myself accountable for two more days of writing.

Anyway. I went to Columbia Mall today with my friend and her two very cute kids. While shopping, we went into Janie & Jack...world's cutest baby store. So cute, in fact, that I had a teeny, tiny (or something even smaller) moment where I thought having kids of my own might be kinda fun.

I want to have kids and dress them up in cowboy hats and boots. Santa outfits in the winter (or Hanukah Harry for my mom...but I bet that outfit is not nearly as endearing), and in a nautical fashion during warmer weather. My boys can wear plaid like a little tiny lumberjack or golfer. Ooh, and collared shirts like a miniature business man. My girls will wear dresses and ballet flats, and outfits will always be topped off with hats, bows, or headbands.

False alarm. My desire to have kids of my own vanished quickly. In addition to the crying that surrounded the need for naps, I realized that all I really want to do is decorate kids, not have them. I'm almost concerned that I'd dress them up to a point that could be considered abusive, so at this moment, it appears I'd make an unfit mother.

In the meantime, I'll look forward to spending days off with my friends and their kids. And I can say this genuinely and wholeheartedly because I can be surrounded by their adorable-ness, but most importantly, I don't have to keep them.

1 comment:

  1. I am 100% against dressing innocent little babies up as Santa Claus. Dads are supposed to do this, not infants and toddlers.

    ReplyDelete