Sunday, January 17, 2010

My So-Called Quarter Life

I was singing my heart out to "Love Is A Battlefield" in the shower the other day, and I'm not gonna to lie, I kind of sounded like a rock star. Like Stevie Nicks kind of good. Like, I could be the next American Idol kind of good (assuming that I wasn't over the age limit and that I was allowed to bring my shower and all of it's wonderful acoustics with it...otherwise, my vocal resembles closer to that of a dying cat.)

Anyway, not the point. Point is...during my heartfelt rock ballad performance, it hit me.

I'm going to live until I'm 112. Turns out, the quarter life crisis I thought I was having at 22? Nope, false alarm...it's happening now. I'm being faced (again) with questions of "What do I want to be when I grow up" and "How the hell do you start to date again at the late age of 90 (28) when I haven't even had to flirt in over 5 years?!" That's terrifying! I don't even know how to talk to boys anymore!

But, the unknown kind of seems just a little bit exciting to me too. Empowering even. Or, it could be the consecutive nights I spent with Jose, Goose, and the 7 Deadly Zins that's helping to turn the sheer panic into what I perceive, while under the influence, to be empowerment...but I'm going with it.

Anyway, as for current weeks resolution...you may have noticed the only pictures I've posted are of random sandwiches and toilet paper, and yes, they may be the only pictures I've taken other than these:


But I didn't just perfectly peel an orange (that's supposed to be good luck you know) and finally get my alarm system installed (knife is back in the kitchen! Hammer stays) this week. Operation get a life, go places, see people, do things, has kicked off to a slow but fantastic start. I officially finished reading Bright Lights, Big Ass, and I do think its celebratory even though it took me 2 years.

I spent my days off having lunch with 2 of my friends that I should see way more often than I do.

I literally partied like it's 1999. And yes, I forgot my camera. I went to bars I haven't been to since college and I don't think I've stayed out as late as I did on Thursday night in 10 years. Only (major) difference is, ten years ago I was 10 years younger and I confirm that it is shocking what a difference that makes in how you feel when you wake up the morning after.

I've got mini-trip plans in the works, and pictures will be required. This is the year my life comes back to life via photo album. Right now, if you were basing it off that, you may be lead to think I died in 2006.

Operation Get A Life was an important one that had to be taken on early year. It needs time to grow and flourish into something wonderful by '11. In the meantime, thanks for all the calls, comments, and emails that I've gotten about not writing in a few days.


I'll do better, and maybe I'll even do a demo bathroom recording for a future update... Now if that's not a cliffhanger, I don't know what is.

Disclaimer: I lie. My singing, even in the shower, may not be quite as good as I led on and will never be recorded and posted for the public to hear. Ever. Thank you. And, you're welcome.

6 comments:

  1. Yay back to blogging. :)
    Keep the evening of Feb 8th free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're the best even though you don't hang out with me anymore

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lie, you know you have a good singing voice. Glad you blogged again. I missed reading one everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, most annoying work day ever. Where's my new blog to cheer me up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I literally had that exact same 112 thought the other day! I KNOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. [B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
    Dont Bother With Idle Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Quickly Search High Quality Movies, Games, Music, Applications and Download Them at Rapid Speeds

    [URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup Search[/B][/URL]

    ReplyDelete