Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Rags to Riches

50 weeks to go. I'm promising to continue on my life-getting and picture taking, but in the meantime, I forgot to mention my week 3 resolution...

This is a doosey...here it is: Begin to free myself from financial hell. How? Well, I'm not 100% sure considering I'm not sure I make enough money to afford myself, but I do think there are some changes I can make immediately to help. Other than winning the lottery that is.

Number 1: This is what got the ball rolling...On Sunday, after realizing I needed to pay a $383 BGE bill, I called to enroll myself in budget billing. I can't survive another near small heart attack after opening my most recent bill.

Number 2: This week I will call all of my credit card companies and ask for a drop in my APR. After, I will close all cards but one (two?) And limit my cc spending.

Number 3: I will call my condo association and find out if I am able to switch to Comcast for phone and still be able to use my call box. If not, I will find out if there is Verizon Fios capability yet. I really could benefit from these "triple play deals" if possible. I dream of this day.

Number 4: Advertise myself for odd jobs to make extra $$$. Anyone need a babysitter? Makeup artist? Plant waterer? Prostitute? (Sorry family who reads this...totally kidding. I think?)

Number 5: Make an appointment to have my taxes done with someone who doesn't charge almost as much as my rebate to do them. After all, my favorite time of year is getting MY money back from the government.

Number 6: Figure out my 2010 budget. Basically, not in line with operation "get life" because my excel spreadsheet is likely to leave me no room for a social life.

Number 7: Make a list of ways to have fun for free. Suggestions welcome.

3 comments:

  1. I hear you. Life is stupid expensive. One tip I have is Turbo Tax. It's super cheap, super easy and costs about $35, which is a whole lot cheaper than any accountant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dylan likes storytime at the library, which is free. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete