Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Christmas Miracle

On Christmas, I won the lottery. It was amazing. There I was, sitting with a friend, scratching off our stocking stuffer lottery tickets when suddenly, we won. So excited that it was really happening, I think I blacked out for a hot second. We immediately got in the car and drove up the road to the nearest open and lottery participating gas station we could find. $120 was ours.

That on top of the fact that I'm going to win the Mega Millions. Week after week on Tuesday and Friday, I truly believe that one of these days, the Mega Millions is going to be mine.

After having lunch with a friend the other day (at a delish new-to-me sushi restaurant I never even knew existed!) I learned this could be more difficult than I thought. Turns out, she feels exactly the same way! She feels drawn into 7-11's to buy tickets...just like I do. She sees signs that tell her "You're going to win," just like I do. And she plans her future on her new lottery salary rather than the one she currently has...just like I do. I'm starting to see that gambling might be dangerous, because let me tell you, the chances of me winning are minuscule enough...the chances of us both winning are...well...minuscule-er.

I think about what I would do with a real jackpot. Because let's be real, my share of that $120 barely made it out of the BP. Would I share it? Spend it? Save it? Put a pair of googly eyes on a stack of it and sleep with it? I guess I'll figure it out as soon as my numbers are drawn. 17 minutes left to go of this regular life I live. Tonight is the night. I can just feel it.

4 comments:

  1. I love reading this everyday! And where is this sushi place? You must take me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you win? I think you should share it with readers of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was going to ask about the sushi place too. i lurv a good hyperlink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto to what Adam said. My pick 'em winnings will only get me so far. And once the spending freeze is lifted we're hitting up this sushi joint. You can take pictures if you want.

    ReplyDelete