Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Some Like it Hot

After visiting MAC last week for my quarterly visit to stock up on new makeup, I've decided that I need to stop being so lazy about actually wearing it.

A. I work in the industry, and although I look a lot more done up than most of my guests, my makeup routine has gone from full face to eye liner, mascara, and blush.

B. I have too much of it to avoid. I mean, makeup artist or not, it's verging on embarassing.

C. I feel much better about myself when I have eye shadow on. So, although some of you may not feel this is a quality resolution, I disagree. Isn't being able to feel better about myself the ultimate goal of this entire year? So yes, I argue your point and I make eye shadow my new resolution for the last week in February.

As for last week, no new love or lust to report. With new positive attitude towards dating, I've had to spread my negativity elsewhere. So now, instead of dating being the brunt of my jokes and the reason for why the world is unquestionably intolerable at times, I find myself blaming everything else.

Top 10 Things I Couldn't Stand Last Week:

10. Finding out that koala's aren't bears. Then why do we call them "koala bears"? I mean really, that's just stupid.

9. If you asked me what I've spent the most time doing over the last 2 yrs, I'd say driving. And by spending so much time in the car, I've grown to loathe dumb people. Broken down cars on the side of the road are not cops. We do not need to slam on our brakes for them.

8. That said, if you are a rule follower and enjoy speed limits, get out of the left lane. Same goes if you are guilty of #9. Or maybe just get a driver. Its safer for everyone.

7. I am not a waitress for several reasons. I don't feel like carrying a tray over my head, especially one full of drinks. I also am impatient and will be irritated if you bother me for refills. People who are unable to recognize these faults in themselves while working in the service industry should be fined. No, I do not want the check lady, now leave me alone!

6. Painting. Although it sounds like a great idea, I assure you its not. Thinking you can paint a room all by your lonesome without kicking a hole in a wall from frustration (that you, yourself will need to spackle and sand) is unrealistic.

5. Prepackaged stir-fry sounded like a great idea. Fresh (frozen) vegetables with a sauce packet. Or so I thought. After spending 45minutes boiling brown rice, I come to find out that I picked the one bag of stir fry sans sauce packet.

4. Drive up ATM's and parking garage ticketing dispensers have a very specific implication. Drive up. Not pull up sort of close but not close enough so that you then have to get out of your car to reach. Again, learn how to operate your motor vehicle.

3. I was walking passed a mall couch the other day. On it? Even worse than what I saw at Pazo last week. A teeny-bopper couple, laying down, covered in a blanket, half empty bottles of root beer on the "coffee table", while watching TV on the free FIOS HD that hangs there.

2. Days off of work have been ruined because I can't watch Ellen. An evening out has become irritating because your friends can't pay attention long enough to what your saying to follow your story because they're too busy watching ice dancing on the TV behind you. Winter Olympics? Snore. I'm over you, see you in 4 years.

1. PF Changs dinner, wine, coffee and fortune cookies. Great night! Excitedly, we opened our cookies to find what our fortunes would tell. "You are talented in many ways." Eh, not really a fortune but, OK. "No need to worry, you will always have everything you need." I like it. "The love of your life will appear in front of you unexpectedly." Hey! Who stole my fortune! Mine? "Some like it hot. Eat more Kung Pao."

3 comments:

  1. As a positive upswing, can we work on a "Top Ten things Shauna loves this week?" ... beginning with Sidney Crosby ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. F Sidney Crosby...That whiney little b..ch! The Caps will knock that stupid smerk off his smug face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa whoa whoa!!! Uh...who couldn't pay attention because they were watching what? Need I say hockey??? Need I say you??? Watch your creative license there, Missy. Eh hem. Glass houses. Stones.

    ReplyDelete