Wednesday, March 3, 2010

You Snooze, You Lose

Happy March! Two months down in 2010 already, how did that happen? Let's reflect...

After starting the year off with plenty of alcohol and a plan, I entered month two an already changed girl. Writing, reading, picture taking...I continue the attempt to make myself better...

Week one...packing my lunch. Congrats to me, I haven't done half bad. The main key here is I didn't work a whole lot in February, and packing lunch the few days I actually worked was easy. I love snow days.

Week two...laundry. And I'm happy to report, I'm all caught up! That's right...so fresh and so clean. Clean.

Week three...enter positive attitude on dating. Still working on that one. But I've stopped throwing up in mouth every time I think about it, so I'd say that's a huge step in the right direction!

And, week four...eyeshadow. Laugh if you will, but it makes a difference. I look better, and feel better. Especially after my first day of using my new shadows and having the Nordstrom E-Bar guy tell me I had beautiful eyes. Woop!

So. Here we are. March. And the first thing I'm going to do in March? Is stop hitting snooze.

Every night, I set my alarm to factor in the 4 nine minute naps I'll take after I wake up. And every day, by the time I finally get up not well-rested, and annoyed that I took away quality sleep just to wake up and stress about the alarm going off again. So, from now on, I allow myself one snooze per morning, and then, its up out of bed for me. If I don't give myself the time, I won't be able to stay in bed. At least, that's the idea.

As a side note, I had a request to post a happy thought after my recent top ten things I hate. So, here we go...

Top 4 Things I Did Not Hate This Week (Sorry, I can only think of 4.)

4. I got it in my head that I wanted lamps for my end tables. Normally, when I picture something in my head for the house, it takes me months to find/commit to it. But, I drove myself to Target, and not only found lamps, but the last 2, and, mix and match shades, also the last 2, all for under $20 each.

3. I got my bridesmaid dress for next week. I was nervous about the fit since I purposely ordered 2 sizes smaller than measurements suggested (I've done this before, so I thought I'd try to trick the system into a more secure fit right off the bat.) Was relieved (and the other half panicked) when I found out that I had no trouble getting the zipper up, as I did not even have to unzip the dress at all to put it on. Thank gd for seamstresses.

2. I am no longer an old lady living alone with my invisible cats. New roommate moved in, and so far, so fun. Other than the minor detail of the closet collapsing (twice), the move went smoothly.

1. I joined a gym. At the end of January. 2 days later, I was advised by my physical therapist to not use it until they gave me the go ahead. Well, I got the go ahead! No longer wasting $30 a month, me and my new 4-visit trainer Ethan will be pumping some iron at Gold's. I can hardly wait to be surrounded in sweaty meatheads doing bicep curls using their own body weight as I struggle to carry the 10 lb. weights to the mirror...

Time for bed and I can hardly wait to sleep an uninterrupted, extra 27 minutes tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I love how positive this one is!! Yayay for positive, eye shadow wearing, reading, writing, laundry-doing, brown-bagging, not dating gagging SHAUNA!!!

    ReplyDelete