Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Loads" Of Fun

It's time for a life altering life adjustment. One that will take hard work, persistence, and determination. I've put it off long enough that the humps had turned into mountains, and now that they're gone, I never want to see them again. To you it may seem simple. For me, it's something that has always haunted me. For years, I've faced this never ending battle, and mark my words, this is the year I overcome it.

This week, I face laundry.

I don't know why I've always hated this chore more than all the others. If you gave me the option, I'd choose cleaning the bathroom. A bathroom stays clean after you've cleaned, at least for a little while. But laundry? Noooo. You catch up on laundry, and then, that same night...more laundry. And then, after you've gathered enough similarly colored items, you have lights, darks, towels, linens, shoot me because you still have to wait for it to dry, iron (ha, that's a whole different resolution) and, the most terrible part...put it all away. I may have even been guilty from time to time of the "which basket was clean, now I have to wash both" ordeal!

It's just too many steps. Too time consuming. And frankly, I'm way too busy and important to deal with it. But, seemingly, for right now, I guess until someone else realizes just how too busy and important I am, I don't really have a choice in the matter.

So here I go...I will, from here on out, every week, do my laundry every Sunday. And by "do", I mean wash, dry, and hang/fold. Laundry will not sit wet in the washer. It will not sit dry in the dryer. And it most certainly will not sit rewrinkling itself in a laundry basket.

Aside from thinking I just might be setting myself up for failure for the first time this year, I'm also starting to think that I'd make a really terrible wife...

2 comments:

  1. I tell myself this every week. Let's do it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am good at all parts except putting it away on the same day. I blame this setback on David though because I think carrying the laundry basket up two flights of stairs is his job, and he doesn't see/trip over it any of the times he travels the stairs for several days.

    ReplyDelete