Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What Women Want

On a daily basis, I'd say I'd have about...say...0 dating prospects come in to my life.  I suppose it could be my field of work, the fact that my ripe old age of 29 prohibits me from my once ability to party hardy on a work night, or, that none of my friends are even attempting to set me up.  After what I learned this week though, I don't really think it matters.  It seems I don't have what men want...

Twice this week it happened.  While on a less than salesy sales pitch (yes, I'm that good) a women says to me "I'm sorry, I am really not hearing anything you're saying to me right now because I can't stop looking into your eyes.  They're mesmerizing." And the next day, in yet another similar situation, a different woman says "You're going to have to repeat that.  I'm completely in awe of your perfect hair and nails. I can't stop staring."  She then proceeded to awkwardly hold my hands as she examined them closer. 

Now sure.  I'm flattered to say the least...but really?  I realize that hair and nails aren't necessarily the assets that men are struck by when a girl walks by.  But I couldn't help but wonder as I watched the ridiculously pretty, overly endowed girls on The Bachelor tonight if that's really what most guys prefer.  Pretty, yes.  Some, strikingly beautiful.  But, 98% of them are certified crazy.

One group date, and they're madly in love.  They cat fight amongst themselves, tear up while watching other girls talk to "their man", and after just one week, full out cry when they get sent home.  One girl tonight swore off dating simply because of the rejection she felt from this one guy who she really knew nothing about.  If I were to pursue a guy so intensely so quickly, or, even text a guy after a date without following the 3 day rule, they'd probably run, screaming, for the hills.  I'd be called needy, a stage 5 clinger, dependant, and annoying.  Possibly even a stalker.  But...low and behold, beloved Brad gave a rose to the most obvious needy, dependant, annoying, stage 5 clinger stalker. 

The latest "prospect" I've had was a recently-fired-from-Safeway 19 year old boy at the gas station who wanted to "text my phone."  And yes, the recently fired part was part of his intro.  He wasn't even scared off when I told him I had a boyfriend, and insisted that it was no problem...we could just "start out" as friends.  I think I'd be better off platonically accepting compliments from women, both who, by the way, bought everything I suggested. At least my well groomed dead cells are good for business...

3 comments:

  1. Shauna, your "prospects" crack me up, a 19 year old recently fired from Safeway? Really?...I can just picture this going down at the gas station. I agree with the ladies, you have lovely hair, nails and eyes, come to think of it, what products ARE you using missy :)

    ReplyDelete